This vegan white pasta sauce has it all; it is silky, creamy, garlicky, healthy, savory, and delicious. We served it with courgetti and baked tofu.
You will need
- 1 cup canned white beans, drained
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- Juice of 1 lemon
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ cup cashew nuts
- 1 block of tofu
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 zucchini’s
- Use a spiralizer to turn the zucchini into long thin noodles. Put them in a bowl and set them aside.
- Preheat the oven to 200* Celcius.
- Cut the tofu into little cubes.
- Transfer the little cubes into a mixing bowl. Add the olive oil and soy sauce. Mix until the cubes are coated.
- Put the little tofu cubes on a baking sheet and bake until golden brown about 20-25 minutes.
- Put the tofu cubes aside.
- Put the beans in a blender, add the cashews and blend into a very smooth, creamy sauce.
- Add the garlic to the mixture and blend.
- Flavor it with onion powder, salt, and oregano.
- Add the mixture to a saucepan and bring it to a boil. Keep stirring the sauce to make sure it doesn’t stick to the bottom. When the sauce begins to boil, turn off the heat and add the lemon juice.
- Pour the white bean sauce over the courgetti on a plate. Add the baked tofu, and top it off with parsley and toasted pine nuts and serve.