Whenever we have a few ripe bananas on our kitchen counter we make banana bread! The last couple of days, we challenged ourselves to make a healthier version of the classic recipe and it turned out to be delicious! We are so happy to share this recipe, it’s easy to make and perfect for breakfast or as a snack. This delicious moist pumpkin bread is bursting with fall flavors in every bite.
You will need
- 1.5 cup oat flour
- 1 cup oats
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups spelt flour
- Preheat oven; 170° celsius.
- Beat the honey and olive oil together in a large bowl with a whisk.
- Mash the bananas.
- Crack the eggs into the bowl and whisk well.
- Add the mashed bananas and the milk into the bowl and whisk well.
- Add the baking powder, vanilla, and a pinch of salt and whisk.
- Pour the flour into the mixture and stir till smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a cake pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes.
- Let the bread cool for 20 minutes before slicing.
Tip: If you want to have a nice topping you can put sliced bananas on top before you put your cake pan in the oven. Add some mix-ins like nuts, chocolate chips, dried fruit, fresh banana slices,…