When we first heard about poke bowls, we quickly became obsessed! They are really healthy and easy to make, and this one is no exception. We used brown rice as base, and we added some typical “poke style” ingredients such as edamame and shredded carrot together with some of our favorite ingredients like shrimp, sesame seeds, …
It’s a perfect dish for the summertime, and a perfect way to eat more vegetables.
You will need
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 cup of chopped mango
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of cooking oil
- 20 medium fully cooked shrimp
- ½ cup cooked edamame
- ½ cup chopped cucumber
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- ½ cup chopped radishes
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- fresh lime juice to taste
- Pomegranate seeds for the topping (optional)
- Un-shell the shrimps.
- Cook brown rice.
- Add oil to a frying pan, add the shrimps, 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar, onion powder, garlic, lime juice, salt, and pepper, and cook the shrimps over medium heat until fully cooked.
- Chop the vegetables.
- Add the cooked brown rice to a bowl, and put the cooked shrimp on top of the rice.
- Then add the edamame, shredded carrot, chopped cucumber, avocado, mango, and radishes on top of the rice as well.
- Lastly, add the pomegranate seeds on top and sprinkle some sesame seeds.